AutoAccessoriesGarage.com is a growing e-commerce company specializing in selling automotive parts and accessories. We're built upon a firm understanding of both the industry and the developing technologies that drive the e-commerce shopping experience. We take pride in our streamlined workflow, agile development, creative approaches, and entrepreneurial spirit.
As a company we believe that a small team of forward thinkers with the right drive and focus can outperform a bloated, hierarchy-driven corporation. Our workflow relies on constant communication, efficient tactics, and always questioning if there is a better way to do things. We trust each other to take the reins and follow through confidently with our individual tasks as well as join together and tackle big-picture problems.
Our offices is located in Chicago, IL. We offer a relaxed working environment in addition to 401k with matching contribution, medical, dental, and vision benefits for full time employees.
We are seeking a bright and energetic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager to join our team. This position will play a critical role in strengthening and maximizing the volume of organic traffic from search engines to AutoAccessoriesGarage.com by on and off-page techniques including link building, content strategy, information architecture, and more. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of Search Engine Optimization and content marketing principles.
If you love search engine optimization with an ROI-focus then keep reading!
On an average week, you will:
- Manage AAG’s keyword campaigns within several 3rd party tools, researching and analyzing trends and performance metrics to identify new opportunities for growth and enhancements.
- Monitor, track and research search volume for all keywords campaigns
- Develop a network of content-friendly contacts
- Conduct internal technical audits of internal link strategies, canonical tag implementation, schema.org compatibility, XML sitemaps, meta data, crawl errors, redirect strategies, Google Search Console management, status code audits, and other regular site audits
- Manage search bot interactions/experience, conduct competitive gap analysis, SERP listings UX, organic bounce rate, landing page designs, bot crawl management, and site-speed audits
- Recommend information architecture to aid in search engine visibility, while optimizing site link architecture to pass link value and aid in new page discovery
- Stay up to date with current and future white-hat SEO and search-marketing trends
- Oversee our SEO 3rdparty relationship in developing new assets and ongoing link building initiatives
- Work closely with content team to optimize website catalog pages, in-addition to the creation of evergreen content pieces
- Stay current on SEO trends, but also be one-step ahead of the "SEO chatter", the ideal candidate will constantly theorize & test emerging trends, developing uncharted strategies
We need someone with:
- Minimum of 2–3 years experience working in search marketing, preferably in eCommerce, or related field
- Additional 2+ years experience in technical development or digital marketing is a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar web analytics packages
- Experience with Competitor Research Tools, SEO Backlink Checkers, and Ranking Intelligence (e.g. Ahrefs, BrightEdge, Advanced Web Ranking, SEMrush, Raven)
- Experience with Linking Building and Digital PR Tools (e.g. BuzzStream)
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Excel
We are looking for someone who:
- Is creative, resourceful, and dedicated to getting the job done right
- Embraces the small company environment, including the many different responsibilities that come with it
- Is clever and tech savvy (the real kind of savvy - "I can paste an image into a Word document" doesn't count)
- Is a reliable, humble, and generally awesome person
We are NOT looking for someone who:
- Only feels comfortable working in a traditional, stiff, big-corporation structure
- Tries to pass his/her problem solving onto someone else
- Thinks he/she is above sweeping up or take out the trash once in awhile